Thursday, May 13, 2010

Here we Go...

Hello and welcome. Read on and comment if you like it, take a "pass" if you don't. I am going to talk about three main areas of my life, starting with "EAT". This section will be about FOOD, nutrition, vitamins, restaurants, recipes, and my ongoing bitch about the high salt content in packaged and restaurant food, not to mention the lack of decent grocery stores and fresh produce in certain areas of NYC, notably Harlem and Washington Heights, which is where I live. I will point out where the good street fruit vendors are as I find them, and I will report on any new and exciting goings on at my favorite grocery stores (Fairway, Garden of Eden, and the much anticipated Trader Joe's coming to 72nd and Broadway in the fall). I will also point out any food related items of interest as I come across them in the media. I may, from time to time, talk about my trainer at the Reebok Club, Alex R., as well as my other friends in the fitness industry, along with anything else fitness and health related that I feel like talking about.

"DANCE" will be about my newfound passion for SALSA, which I now indulge as often as I can, usually in the company of a likeminded crew of women and a few intrepid guys,( most of them not our husbands, who are happy to have us out of the house and out of their thinning hair). I will chronicle as best I can the activities of our particular Salsa group, our classes with our teacher, The Fantastic Carlos K., and will report on any new and happening Salsa venues and upcoming parties as I come across them. There may be some gossip included in this section, but I promise to try and keep it clean!!

"ETC" will be about any and everything else I feel like talking about; most frequently, REAL ESTATE!! After a brief hiatus from the industry, I am returning to Wohlfarth and Associates, which was my brokerage home for a number of years. As before, I will assist buyers and sellers in the buying and selling of properties anywhere in Manhattan, but primarily on the Upper West Side, Washington Heights, and Harlem. I am particularly knowledgeable about 790 Riverside Drive, also known as The Riviera, where I have resided with my beloved husband, Charles White, since 1984, and where we have raised two spectacular offspring, our son, Justin the Magnificent, who graduates from Harvard in two weeks (YAAAAAYYY!!) and his sister, the lovely and gracious Jordan, who is in the 7th Grade at Hunter, and recently won a Scholastic Art and Writing Award from the Casita Maria Center for Arts and Education (brag Mom, brag!!)

Finally, I will talk about THEATER. At night while I am out dancing, my beloved is either attending a production of something, or at home working on his first play. Theater is our shared passion, the one that brought us together. In the words of "Chorus Line", he is my "One Singular Sensation", and I am his. So I will report on any and all plays and theatrical experiences that we attend, starting with tonight, when I take my Mom, the lovely Joan, out to dinner and to see Denzel in "Fences". Happy Birthday, Mom!

More later!

-Donna

1 comment: